Crossposted from the FAIR Island website The California Digital Library (CDL), University of California Gump South Pacific Research Station, Berkeley Institute for Data Science (BIDS),…
Furthering Open Science through Research Data Management Services
As I begin my second year at CDL, I am excited to outline the objectives and key activities for my work: furthering research data management…
Call for Submissions to the Inaugural Qualitative Data Management Plan (DMP) Competition
Data Management Plans (DMPs) play an integral role in ensuring that data are collected, organized, stored, and shared responsibly. Qualitative researchers writing such plans frequently…
DMP Roadmap Team at the maDMP Hackathon
Research Data Alliance (RDA) recently hosted a three day (27-29 May 2020) machine-actionable DMP hackathon to build integrations and test the Common Standard for maDMPs.…
Introducing the FAIR Island Project
Imagine a dream scenario for Open Data advocates: the field station with an optimal data policy for open access, mandatory registration requirements for all research…
DMP services unite
From left to right: Brian Riley, Benjamin Faure, Marta Nicholson, Maria Praetzellis, Sarah Jones, Sam Rust and Ray Carrick.
In the middle of November we were joined for three days by our colleagues Maria Praetzellis and Brian Riley from DMPTool…
Roadmap back to school edition
- Instructions for existing installations to upgrade to the latest release. Please read and follow these carefully to prevent any issues arising from invalid data. We highly recommend that you backup your existing database before running through these steps to prepare your system for Roadmap 2.0.0!
- Added a full suite of automated unit tests to make it easier to incorporate external contributions and improve overall reliability.
- Added data validations for improved data integrity.
- Created new and revised existing documentation for coding conventions, tests, translations, etc (Github wiki). We can now update existing translations and add new ones more efficiently.
- Comments are now visible by default without having to click ‘Show.’ Stay tuned for additional improvements to the plan comments functionality in upcoming sprints.
- Renamed/standardized text labels for ‘Save’ buttons for clarity.
- Added a button to download a list of org users as a csv file (Admin > ‘Users’ page)
- Added a global usage report for total users and plans for all orgs (Admin > ‘Usage’ page)
- Admins can create customized template sections and place them at the beginning or end of funder templates via drag-and-drop
- Removed multi-select box as an answer format and replaced with multiple choice
We’re also attempting to inventory global activities and projects on https://activedmps.org Some updates for this page are in the works to highlight new requirements and tools. Please add any other updates you’re aware of! Sarah ran a workshop in South Africa in August on behalf of NeDICC to gather requirements for machine-actionable DMPs there and the DCC will be hosting a visit from DIRISA in December. All the content from the workshop is on Zenodo and you can see how engaged the audience got in mapping our solutions. The DCC is also presenting on recent trends in DMPs as part of the OpenAIRE and FOSTER webinar series for Open Access week 2018. The talk maps out the current and emerging tools from a European perspective. Check out the slides and video.
Set the Controls for the Heart of the Sun
- DMPRoadmap GitHub repo: this is where most development work happens since the majority of fixes and features apply to the core codebase. This repository also contains all technical documentation, release notes, and other info for those interested in deploying their own instances or contributing to the project.
- The DMPRoadmap wiki has a list of potential future enhancements. We’re collating ideas here and will define priorities and requirements in consultation with the community via user groups and listserv discussions. If you have other desired new features please let us know.
- Any service-specific customizations reside in separate GitHub repos. For example you can find the custom Single-Sign-On code in the DMPTool GitHub repo. The way in which we handle helpdesk functions varies too. DMPTool users can report issues directly in the DMPTool repo or via the helpdesk. If something pertains to the common codebase, Stephanie will tag the issue and transfer it to DMPRoadmap. For DMPonline users we ask you to report issues via the email@example.com helpdesk.
The DMPTool team has embarked on a major housekeeping effort in order to migrate to the DMPRoadmap platform in February 2018. Last week they began a global audit of the funder templates and guidance in an all-day pizza-fueled event that amounted to a h…
Roll up, roll up! Get yer DMP update here.
Image Paper seller and bench CC-BY-NC-ND By Henry…
Last month saw a busy Active DMPs and Domain Repositories Interest Groups joint session at the RDA Plenary at Montreal. Two new working groups have been launched to advance work in this area: one on…