What is Coffeehouse?
Coffeehouse aggregates posts about data management from around the internet.
Coffeehouse is a project of DataONE, the Data Observation Network for Earth.
Posts are lightly curated. That is, all posts are brought in, but if we see posts that aren’t on topic, we take them down from this blog. They are not of course taken down from the original poster, just this blog.
Why can’t I comment on blog posts?
We chose to redirect you back to comments on the original blog post so that the authors of posts aggregated on Coffeehouse get the interaction on their own site, not ours.
What tech was used to build the site?
- Theme: Magazine Basic.
- On the top of each post there is an alert to tell you the post is syndicated, and gives a link to the original post. You can close this alert if it’s annoying to you. Bootstrap Alerts: Twitter Bootstrap WP plugin
- Style – we have strived to use clean and simple styling to make for a nice reading experience. A cluttered website makes reading painful.
- Icons: done using the FontAwesome WordPress Plugin.
- Aggregating posts is done using the FeedWordPress plugin.
- The add your blog form: using the Nina forms plugin
- Analytics: using the Gauges WP plugin (Note to aggregated blogs: Get in touch if you want the analytics on the site visits)
Who made the site, and who maintains it?
[TBS_BADGE]my 1st twitter bootstrap badge[/TBS_BADGE]