Dryad is pleased to announce the members of our Board of Directors for the 2022-2023 term. This group of accomplished and passionate individuals will guide the organization as we address major national policy developments, expand our global membership program, and enhance our publishing platform to serve the evolving needs of researchers.
The Dryad Board of Directors is composed of 12 individuals who represent different stakeholders and voices in open research data publishing. They are recruited for their particular skills or perspectives, according to the needs of the organization each year, and ratified by a vote of the Dryad membership. Each member serves three years, and assumes responsibility for overseeing the healthy performance of Dryad as a non-profit organization and the realization of our mission: to enable and promote the re-use of research data. The California Digital Library, a major partner to Dryad, is represented on the board as an ex-officio member.
We are grateful for the dedicated service of our outgoing members Wolfram Horstmann, Director of Göttingen State and University Library; Catriona MacCallum, Director of Open Science at Hindawi Ltd; Naomi Penfold, Research Data Analyst, Invest In Open Infrastructure; and Johan Nilsson of Oikos Editorial Office who will carry on as Ex-Officio.
We offer a warm welcome to our newest members Andrew Beckerman, Professor of Evolutionary Ecology at the University of Sheffield; Barbara Ebert, Executive Secretary, German Federation for Biological Data e.V. (GFBio); Kristi Holmes, Director of Galter Health Sciences Library & Learning Center and Professor of Preventive Medicine (Health & Biomedical Informatics) at Northwestern University; and Devika Madalli, Professor of the Documentation Research and Training Centre, Indian Statistical Institute and Adjunct faculty, DISI, University of Trento. We are grateful for the wealth and diversity of knowledge and experience each of these individuals will bring to their roles on the Dryad board.
The full Dryad Governing Board now includes:
- Andrew Beckerman, University of Sheffield (UK)
- Barbara Ebert, German Federation for Biological Data e.V. (Germany)
- Scott Edmunds, GigaScience (CHN)
- Brooks Hanson, American Geophysical Union (USA)
- Kristi Holmes, Northwestern University (USA)
- Devika Madalli, Indian Statistical Institute (IN)
- Ian Mulvany, British Medical Journal (UK)
- Fiona Murphy, MoreBrains Cooperative (UK)
- Johan Nilsson, Oikos Editorial Office (Sweden) (Ex-officio)
- Iratxe Puebla, ASAPbio (UK)
- Judy Ruttenberg, Association of Research Libraries (USA)
- Caroline Sutton, STM (The International Association for Scientific, Technical and Medical Publishers) (NOR)
- Jason Williams, Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory (USA)
- Günter Waibel, California Digital Library (USA)(Ex-officio)
More information is available at https://datadryad.org/stash/our_governance.
Feedback and questions are always welcome, to email@example.com. To keep in touch with the latest updates from Dryad, follow us on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn.