Dryad is now recruiting for a Data Curator to help drive and maintain the highest standards for research data curation quality and efficiency. Our future Data Curator will perform data curation tasks, and assist with process improvements, policy implementation, recruitment, and training.
To thrive, grow and be successful in this role, the candidate should have at least one higher education qualification in biology (preferred) or related research experience and possess the following:
- Experience working with data in either a research or curation capacity (quantitative and qualitative)
- Skilled with multiple types of research management and analysis software, both open source and proprietary (such as TextEditor, QGIS, Octave, ImageJ, RStudio)
- Excellent skills in time-management, organization, collaboration, and communication – verbal and written
- Curate and publish research data: evaluate metadata to comply with Dryad’s guidelines for publication, working in collaboration with authors to make data openly available to access and reuse
- Maintain high standards for curation service delivery, including responsiveness, speed, quality and integrity
- Maintain relationships with editors, ensuring clear, open and consistent communication about ongoing curation and publication as well as Dryad policies and service
- Assist with creating and maintaining Dryad documentation
- Participate in team recruitment and training efforts:
- Identify opportunities for process optimization and assist with implementation
- Customer service-oriented
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Able to work individually and within a team
- Proactive and committed to continuous improvement
- Passionate about open science and Dryad’s mission
Helpful but Not Required
- Familiarity with citation styles and formats, DOIs and other identifiers, indexing services and databases, and citation management software
- Exposure to metadata standards (XML, etc.)
- Experience in programming (R/python) and data analysis
Compensation and Benefits
This is a fully remote, full-time hourly position based in the United States. We offer benefits and competitive compensation of $18-23/hour, depending on experience.
US candidates must be based in any of the following states:
California, Florida, Indiana, North Carolina, Nebraska, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and Washington.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Dryad is dedicated to providing a welcoming and supportive environment for all people, regardless of background or identity. We are an equal opportunity employer and give consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, disability or protected veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by US federal, state, or local law. We encourage all qualified individuals to apply.
Please submit a resume or CV and cover letter expressing why the Data Curator role at Dryad would be a good fit for you – to email@example.com. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered. Informal inquiries are very welcome, to our Head of Publishing Services, Jess Herzog via firstname.lastname@example.org. The position is open now and applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the role is filled. Informal inquiries are very welcome.
20 September 2022