We’re delighted to announce a successful launch of DMPTool version 3 today. This milestone represents the convergence of the two most popular data management planning tools—US-based DMPTool and UK-based DMPonline—into a single, internationalized platform. We plan to bring the many other installations of the tool in Canada, Australia, South Africa, Argentina, and throughout Europe along for the ride as we work together to make DMPs a more useful exercise for everyone!
Currently the DMPTool supports 226 institutions and more than 28,000 users worldwide. The new DMPTool retains all of the existing functionality plus some handy new things, all in a shiny new package:
- Up-to-date Funder requirements (34 templates and more to come…)
- A searchable list of participating institutions with & without single sign-on
- New user interface with streamlined plan writing pages
- Website translations coming soon (Spanish, French, German, Brazilian Portuguese, Japanese, contact us to contribute another language!)
- Quick-start guide for creating a DMP (downloadable pdf coming soon)
- General data management guidance
For organizational administrators
- New administrator help guide
- Updated resources for promoting the DMPTool coming soon (stickers, postcards, and slide decks). Order new promo materials using the form below.
- Institutional branding in the main banner (upload a new logo, provide contact information)
- Create themed guidance that can be applied across all templates
- A usage dashboard and report of plans created by users at your organization
- Ability to view guidance and templates created by other organizations
Order form for new stickers and postcards – we’ll ship materials in early May 2018
Please report any issues or enhancement requests via GitHub Issues. Or you can always contact us directly! If you notice anything amiss with your existing plans and/or templates, let us know and we will fix it in short order.